Unit 5 Our School Life
Topic 3 My school life is interesting
Section A 单位：隆古中学 授课人：雷保荣 tel:13839765262
1. learn the nouns of the week and subjects.
2. Consolidate the usages of the present continuous tense
and the present simple tense.
3. Talk about the timetable.
Step 1 Review
Review the present continuous tense by asking and answering between the teacher and students.
T:What are we doing now ?
S:We are having an English class.
T:What am I doing ?
S:You are reading a calendar.
Step 2 presentation
1. The teacher leads to “What day is it today ?”by
showing a calendar . Learn and master “today”, “Monday” ,”Tuesday” ,”Wednesday” and “Friday”.
2. Ask and answer between the teacher and students by
showing some pictures, “have a music lesson”, “have a P.E. lesson”, “have an art lesson”.
T:What day is it today ?
T:What class are they having?
S:They are having a music class.
T:What class do they have on Monday/Tuesday…..? S:We have English , math , art……
3. Let students listen to 1a and answer questions:
(1) What day is it today ?
(2) What class are they having ?
Step 3 consolidation
1. Let students listen to 1a again read after it ,imitating
the pronunciation and then act it out.
2. Let students make similar conversations according the
3. Check the answer.
Step 4 practice
1. Let students read the timetable in 2a carefully, and
then ask and answer the questions under the timetable
For example :
T: How many lessons does he have every weekday ? S: He has six lessons every weekday .
2. Let students look at the timetable again and then ask
and answer as many as possible . Finish 2a.
T: When does Wen Wei have a music class ?
S: On Wednesday .
T: It’s 10:20 on Thursday morning now . What class is he having ?
S : He is having a math class .
3. Let students read the example in 3 ,and then make similar dialogs according to it in pairs. Finish 3 . Learn and master “learn”.
Step 5 Project
1. Ask students , “Are you satisfied with your timetable
in your school now ? How do you think to make it more reasonable ?” Let students make their own timetable in English and talk about it in pairs .
2. Write a passage about your school life .